Dr. Uttma Dham is proud to offer the LightWalker® laser system from Fotona. The LightWalker dental laser system provides patients with efficient, modern general dental treatment. This system addresses various concerns, from gum disease treatment to facial aesthetics. At Westside Dental Center, Dr. Dham offers treatment with the LightWalker Fotona Laser in Plantation, FL. Unlike dental drills, laser dentistry provides quieter, more efficient care. Here you can discover more about the LightWalker line of lasers and how it can improve the treatment process.
Benefits of Fotona Lasers in our Plantation, FL Office
Fotona lasers provide a quicker and more accessible treatment process for patients and dentists. This dental technology:
- Enhances the smile
- Offers minimally invasive treatment
- Provides painless care
- Offers precise treatment
- Promotes faster healing times
- Does not make any noise
For minimally invasive care, we recommend the LightWalker system. This system provides conservative dentistry solutions without the need for drills, sutures, or long healing times. If you require dental care but want quieter, more comfortable care, ask us about your treatment options at your next dental visit. You may be a candidate for treatment with dental lasers.
The LightWalker may use multiple wavelengths to provide a variety of treatment options for patients:
- Endodontics: The LightWalker Laser may be used for SSP and SWEEPS® endodontic laser treatment. Endodontics is a branch of dentistry that concerns dental pulp and tooth roots. SSP (Super Short Pulse) irrigation and SWEEPS® (Shock Wave Enhanced Emission Photo-acoustic Streaming) can provide root canal treatment. Unlike traditional root canal treatment, SSP and SWEEPS technology are used together to completely clean and disinfect the root canal.
- Periodontics: Gum disease treatment, or periodontics, aims to address bacterial infections that affect the gums. The LightWalker system uses TwinLight® Periodontal Treatment (TPT) to clean gum pockets and the root’s surface. TPT removes plaque and calculus from and beneath the gums for a thorough cleaning treatment. This treatment not only eliminates harmful bacteria but also helps the gum tissue heal from gum disease.
- Implantology: Dental implants are a versatile dental restoration that can replace one or more missing teeth. With LightWalker, we can help patients who already have implants or need to prepare for implant treatment. Our dentists can stimulate the bone tissue before treatment to ensure enough bone tissue to support dental implants. The LightWalker system also benefits patients with peri-implantitis and can decontaminate dental implants.
- Aesthetics: Patients can address skin problems and receive cosmetic treatment without sutures or needles. The LightWalker can remove benign skin lesions, reduce wrinkles around the eyes, and remove vascular malformations. It may also provide laser hair removal, treat acne, and create more volume in the lips.
Contact Our Dental Office Today
Experience the difference with our Fotona laser, the LightWalker. If you are a new patient, call (954) 251-0640. Current patients may call (954) 476-4535. Also, feel free to schedule a dental appointment with Dr. Dham on our website. Let Dr. Dham know if you have further questions or concerns about laser dentistry and she will be glad to help.