Crooked teeth are a dental health concern that may affect more than just the appearance of your smile. Crooked teeth are commonly the underlying cause of secondary dental health conditions. Realigning crooked teeth can help you improve your oral health, and provide a more comfortable bite.
Many patients consider crooked teeth to be a cosmetic dental health concern. The truth is that it may impact your oral health. The dental health risks associated with crooked teeth are from lack of proper oral care. Patients with crooked teeth find it difficult to brush and floss their teeth effectively.
Crooked teeth can:
- Make it difficult to properly clean teeth
- Increase risk of tooth decay
- Cause bite misalignment
- Cause tooth damage or wear
- Cause or agitate TMJ Disorders
Dr. Dham provides comprehensive analysis and dental health exams to help patients determine if orthodontic intervention is necessary to realign their crooked teeth. Modern dentistry offers comfortable, convenient options for straightening teeth that are discreet and effective. Dr. Dham offers conservative options that include straightening teeth with or without braces at Westside Dental Center. In some cases, cosmetic dental procedures may be used to correct a single misaligned tooth.
Realign Crooked Teeth With Invisalign
Invisalign is the discreet and clear way to realign crooked teeth. Invisalign is an ideal treatment for teen and adult patients with mild to moderate orthodontic concerns. Clear aligners are custom designed and fabricated using clear, soft plastic that forms to the patient’s teeth for comfortable and nearly invisible wear.
Dr. Dham is a Plantation, FL area preferred Invisalign provider. Dr. Dham has completed many hours of continuing education courses on the effective use of Invisalign for teen and adult patients. Dr. Dham is well versed in the use of Invisalign digital technology and 3-D scanning. Using Invisalign treatment plans, Dr. Dham helps patients realign their crooked teeth without the embarrassment or discomfort of traditional metal braces.
Straightening Teeth Without Braces
Dr. Dham also offers several ways to fix crooked teeth without braces near you. Straightening teeth without braces or clear aligners can be used when there are no health considerations that would require braces or clear aligners. We offer our patients several ways to straighten teeth without braces or clear aligners including:
- Porcelain Veneers – Porcelain Veneers are permanent dental restorations that cover the front and sides of a tooth and are extremely durable. Dr. Elliott can use them to correct minor problems in tooth alignment. They are made of ultra-thin porcelain designed to look and feel like natural teeth.
- Dental Crowns – A dental crown covers the entire tooth and is permanently bonded into place. The crown provides strength, aesthetics, and lasting durable function. A dental crown is stain and decay-resistant and can be color-matched to blend seamlessly with your smile for beautiful results. A dental crown is well suited for teeth that may have more significant alignment issues and are compromised by decay or broken teeth.
Areas We Serve
Ask about Invisalign to improve the appearance and health of your smile. Westside Dental Center is a modern and welcoming dentist office in Plantation, FL near you. We invite patients from communities in and around Fort Lauderdale, Coral Springs, Davie, and Sunrise to visit us at our comprehensive and compassionate dentistry. To learn how personalized dentistry can help improve your smile, contact Dr. Dham at (954) 251-0640 or request a consultation online anytime.